1. We got some pretty icy weather here this morning. School was cancelled but I had actually already left for work before they cancelled it… so I attempted to go into the office. I quickly discovered that the power was out and came back home :) I’ve been working all day and doing some random things around the house. K and I normally do our own laundry but I figured since I was home, I would help him out with this situation:
2. We started Lily on a medication that just came out in January. It’s supposed to help with her skin issues and itchiness. It is a med that she would stay on long-term and would hopefully solve *all* of the issues we’ve had with her skin and ears. Thankfully it is pretty cheap, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it works!
3. This week at work has just about killed me and we have had friends come into town for the past 2 weekends… I’m ready for a few quiet days at home with K. Hopefully, this will also involve a lot of sleep.
4. I have to talk about my new blog because I am loving it! I knew when I started it that I would probably stop updating here as often, but I had no idea how much I would love using Windows Live Writer through wordpress.org. Sorry, Blogger!
5. I have a pre-operative appointment today at the hospital. I completed my paperwork and got my blood drawn. They talked to me in detail about what would happen before/during/after surgery, discussed pain management and answered any questions I had. It was really nice to get all of that over with before the day of surgery, and they gave me a few tips to prepare for the recovery. The appointment made me nervous for the procedure but I am ready to get it over with. Now I’m just trying to decide on a few major decisions… should I plan on sleeping in the bedroom or on the couch? And how many popsicles do I need? :)
That’s all for now. Have a good weekend!