Hey there! Hope you’re having a great day so far. I wanted to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes with you today.
Egg muffins have everything I’m looking for in a breakfast item. They are simple to make, easy to grab in the morning, freeze well and pack a fair amount of protein. I make them many Sundays and they provide a great breakfast option throughout the week. Here’s the recipe…
Egg Muffin Recipe
Makes 8 muffins
- 2 C egg whites
- 1 C vegetables*
- 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
*I used shredded zucchini and cherry tomatoes this time. Some vegetables that I have used in the past include mushrooms, onions and green peppers.Instructions:
1. Sauté vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Combine sautéed vegetables, egg whites, and cheese in a mixing bowl. Stir.
3. Pour mixture into lightly greased muffin pan, dividing evenly into 8 portions.
4. Bake on 350°F for 15 minutes or until eggs reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Each muffin has 65 calories and 9g of protein. Pairing 3 of them with some fresh fruit or toast makes for a pretty well-rounded breakfast.The best thing about this recipe is that you can really customize it to your own tastes and food preferences. Swap out the veggies, add different spices and even add a meat option if you’d like. If you do decide to freeze these, be sure you let them thaw before reheating them.