Intuitive Eating for PCOS
Feeling frustrated by the lack of guidance and support you’ve received for your PCOS? I would love to help you with your nutrition and meal planning all while nurturing your relationship with food.
My passion for helping women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) began shortly after I opened the doors to my practice in Charlotte, NC. I met with client after client who had struggled with PCOS symptoms for years before they were diagnosed, and then the “treatment” they were prescribed was being told to lose weight and exercise more. This type of advice typically leads to yo-yo dieting, binge eating behaviors and a never ending cycle of guilt and shame. Have your unsuccessful attempts at weight loss left you feeling poorly about yourself and your body?
If this has been your experience then please know that NOTHING is wrong with you. Diets don’t work, and most people who seek intentional weight loss end up gaining it all back and then some.
Many clients with PCOS experience:
- Insulin resistance, prediabetes and/or melasma
- Extreme carbohydrate cravings
- Binge eating behaviors and binge eating disorder
- Mood swings, lack of energy and fatigue
- Unwanted hair growth on the face and chest
- Hair loss
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Unexpected weight gain
- Depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts
- Poor body image
Many of your symptoms of PCOS can be improved independent of weight loss. You deserve to feel your best and get to the bottom of your PCOS symptoms in your current body. You have value and worth just as you are.
Using an Intuitive Eating approach, we can work together to evaluate and discuss the following:
- Blending PCOS nutrition education with your current lifestyle and food preferences to ensure that you have a sustainable, life-long plan to help you feel your best
- Full evaluation of PCOS-related labs to make sure that we have a full picture of what’s going on with your PCOS (in partnership with your doctor)
- Whether additional supplements would be beneficial for you in improving your symptoms.
- How to navigate weight loss, body image and your feelings of self worth in a society full of weight bias
My office is a safe and compassionate place where we can work together to do this. Contact me today to get started!