Get ready to take steps towards the healthiest version of yourself. Together, we can look at your current diet, lifestyle and medical issues and create a customized wellness plan that that is both maintainable and enjoyable. Learn how to take care of yourself using a mindful eating approach without restriction, guilt, or food rules.
I accept BlueCross BlueShield and this insurance may provide 100% coverage of packages. Please use this form to check your insurance benefits and schedule your appointment utilizing insurance benefits here.
G&G Nutrition Co. specializes in the following areas of nutrition:
- Non-diet nutrition and wellness for busy, working women
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart Health & Disease Prevention
More details about specialties:
–> Nutrition and Wellness for the Working Woman- Sometimes it’s hard to figure out how to best nourish your body while also juggling the demands of work and personal life. Lack of time, high stress levels and the plethora of nutrition gimmicks thrown at us each day are all factors that can keep us from making the best nutrition decisions. Small nutrition changes can lead to big results. Let’s work together to build sustainable habits in your diet that will help you feel your best and last long-term. Learn more
–> Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)- Nutrition can affect fertility, blood sugar, mood swings, energy levels, and nutrient deficiencies. I’d love to help you use nutrition to manage the symptoms of PCOS. Learn more
–> Pre-diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes- The diagnosis of pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes can be scary. Whether your blood sugars are too high, you generally don’t feel well or you’re trying to decrease/avoid medication, nutrition coaching can definitely benefit you! Learn more
–> Heart Health & Disease Prevention- Navigating the wealth of nutrition information out there can be confusing and tiring. I’d love to help you learn how to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol and improve heart health in simple, sustainable ways. Learn more Learn more
Nutrition Coaching Sessions Include:
- Assessment of current diet and health/emotional/lifestyle factors affecting nutritional status
- Assistance with creating realistic actionable goals and identifying potential barriers to success
- Nutrition education without restriction or food rules
- Tools to help you incorporate mindful eating into every day life
- Meal and snack ideas
- Body-positive, weight neutral office environment
Nutrition coaching services offered virtually and in Charlotte, NC.
G&G Nutrition Co. is for you if…
- You would like to have a positive relationship with food and learn how to trust yourself to make food choices that work for you and your lifestyle.
- You’re excited about the thought of a healthy diet without having to worry about portion sizes, food rules and restriction.
- You’re seeking nutrition counseling for medical nutrition therapy for any of the following: high cholesterol, prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, PCOS or for preventative reasons.
G&G Nutrition Co. is NOT for you if…
- You feel comfortable with your knowledge related to nutrition and exercise but you need help losing those last 5-10 pounds.
- You’re looking for someone to tell you what you are or aren’t allowed to eat.
- You want a dietitian to give you the type of structure where you weigh and measure foods.
- You have GI distress and you’re looking for an elimination diet and food sensitivity testing.
What to expect at your initial nutrition consultation
Your initial nutrition consultation will create the foundation to meeting your nutrition goals. We will discuss your primary nutrition concerns and what you hope to accomplish by visiting a registered dietitian nutritionist. Your initial consultation will begin with a full nutrition assessment, which will include evaluating your past medical history, current medications, weight trends, lifestyle, daily intake and eating habits. From there, we will identify specific goals you would like to accomplish and identify barriers you face to reaching those goals.
What to expect at your follow-up nutrition sessions
Pursuing change, especially as it relates to health and wellness, is an ongoing journey. Follow-up sessions give you the continuous support and motivation you need to meet your health and wellness goals. During these sessions, we will assess how you are doing and troubleshoot any obstacles you have encountered since your previous visit. Follow-up sessions are also the perfect opportunity to answer any questions that have come up and set new goals. Creating lifestyle changes takes time and multiple visits can help you continue to move forward.